No. It might be an undue administrative or financial burden for a restaurant to print a new Braille menu every time they change an item or price.
However, it is not appropriate for a request for a Braille menu to be answered with simply â€śwe donâ€™t have any.â€ť Restaurant staff should be trained on how to properly provide the information from the menu to guests so they can make their choices from the full menu.
- For more information, go the the Making Work Happen website [makingworkhappen.com] and find the Veterans Tutorial.
- Think through how you want to talk about your disability or disclose it.Â Unless you are asking for an accommodation, you do not have to disclose your disability to an employer either during hiring or employment.Â Whether you decide to disclose depends on a number of factors:Â Your feelings about your disability, whether you need a workplace a
- For more information on this, go to the Making Work Happen website [makingworkhappen.com] and find the employerâ€™s a tutorial on veterans with disabilities in the workplace.
- Consider the workplace climate and culture.Â Is there a climate of trust and openness around disability and accommodation?Â What actually happens to people with disabilities when they come forward with an accommodation request?Â Is there a quick and effective response?Â Or is this the first road to termination?Â What happens to people with d
- Returning veterans with disabilities are not automatically covered under the ADA.Â Their disability must meet the ADAâ€™s definition of disability:Â A mental or physical impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activity.Â
- In most cases, however, disabilities such as PTSD, TBI or depression would be covered under the ADA.
- There are two EEOC documenst which can help clarify these issues.Â
- One of these is for employers-Veterans and the Americ
- Greater awareness. Clearly, we have an enhanced capability to diagnose and report vets with conditions such as PTSD and TBI.
- Earlier generations of vets may not have had these diagnoses.
- More dangerous combat conditions. The engagements in Iraq and Afghanistan were dangerous and stressful, often with little predictability of where attacks would come from and who the enemy was.
- Again, itâ€™s difficult to get an exact number because there are different definitions of disability.