Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- 35.1% of veterans with a service-connected disability have a disability rating of 50% or higher (410,700).
- Veterans with a service connected disability rating of 50% or higher have significantly lower rates of employment that those with ratings of 0 to 40%.
- Only 25% of the 131,900 veterans with a service connected rating of 70% or higher are employed.
- Again, itâ€™s difficult to get an exact number because there are different definitions of disability.
- Itâ€™s hard to predict exactly, but itâ€™s estimated that over the next decade, there will be about 1.6 million veterans returning from active service.
- Since 2001, 2.5 million service members have been deployed in Iraq or Afghanistanâ€”Vets who served since Sept 2001 are called â€śGulf War Era IIâ€ť vets.
- Among Gulf War II vets, more than a third of these were deployed more than once and nearly 400,000 were deployed three or more times.