Buildings or outdoor venues designed for complete accessibility can become inaccessible without proper attention when setting up temporary events such as your crafts workshop.Â A poorly placed extension cord can make your crafts workshop venue unusable to people with mobility disabilities. In regards to the ADA, the extension cords need to be addressed if they are obstructing the accessible route or access to craft workshop activities for people with disabilities.
- For more information, go the the Making Work Happen website [makingworkhappen.com] and find the Veterans Tutorial.
- Think through how you want to talk about your disability or disclose it.Â Unless you are asking for an accommodation, you do not have to disclose your disability to an employer either during hiring or employment.Â Whether you decide to disclose depends on a number of factors:Â Your feelings about your disability, whether you need a workplace a
- For more information on this, go to the Making Work Happen website [makingworkhappen.com] and find the employerâ€™s a tutorial on veterans with disabilities in the workplace.
- Consider the workplace climate and culture.Â Is there a climate of trust and openness around disability and accommodation?Â What actually happens to people with disabilities when they come forward with an accommodation request?Â Is there a quick and effective response?Â Or is this the first road to termination?Â What happens to people with d
- Again, itâ€™s difficult to get an exact number because there are different definitions of disability.